In response to the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to update you with some of the measures Big 5 Sporting Goods has taken to comply with the CDC and other government agencies. We have closed stores in certain locations and, for areas where our stores are able to remain open, we have limited our store hours, updated our store procedures to include social distancing and CDC safety protocols and updated our returns policy. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities remains our highest priority.
You can find your nearest open store on the Big 5 Store Locator.
- All customers are asked to keep a minimum of six (6) feet between themselves and other individuals.
- The health and safety of employees and customers is always a priority. Our employees are required to adhere to CDC infection control practices, such as washing hands often and store sanitation.
- To maintain appropriate social distancing, and to follow local requirements, and employees may limit the number of customers permitted in a store. For up-to-date social distancing requirements, please call your local store.
- Customers at the register will be encouraged to use debit or credit cards when possible. Cash or checks are discouraged , but not prohibited.
- When completing a transaction, cashiers will endeavor to keep a reasonable distance of space between the themselves and customers.
- Our employees have been instructed to not shake hands with other employees or customers.
- Any employee who presents with symptoms of illness will be sent home.
- Facial coverings are required, subject to state orders, local orders, and your accommodations needs, if any.*
*If you require an accommodation to this policy, please inquire at your local store.
As always, we continue to monitor this situation and will consider additional safety measures and operational changes as needed.